Welcome to your future!
Lethbridge College is Canada’s first, publicly-funded, community college that opened its doors in 1957. You can choose to study in a variety of hands-on training, post-secondary certificate and diploma programs, as well as English language studies. All this and English, too!
English Language Centre
Our award-winning and accredited centre is often the first stop for many of our international students who may need to upgrade their English in order to ensure their success in one of our 50+ certificate and/or diploma career-training programs.
As we are a Designated Learning Institute, Conditional Offers of Acceptance (ESL + post-secondary program) are available for those students who meet all other academic requirements aside from English, and are interested in applying to a post-secondary program.
Lethbridge College also offers Academic Upgrading classes for students that may need to upgrade in the following areas (up to the equivalent of Canadian Grade 12): math, English, science, chemistry, physics, and biology.
Your ESL program places equal emphasis on the four major communicative and academic skills: Listening/Speaking, Reading, Writing, and Grammar. Our programming follows the nationwide Canadian Language Benchmarks (www.language.ca), and therefore we can ensure quality placement and accurate assessments throughout your studies. Progress reports and Certificates of Completion are provided as proof of achieved benchmark scores and successful program completion.
Learn English in beautiful southern Alberta
We are student-focused and flexible in our program offerings.
At Lethbridge College, we will provide you with the tools you need to succeed. New international students in our English language studies program will be welcomed with:
- Year-round studies available in three semesters: Fall (September - December), Winter (January - April), Spring (May - August).
- Specialized placement testing and student orientation.
- Full-time English language instruction (beginner to advanced) with TESL-certified instructors.
- Small classes, offering a communicative and family atmosphere.
- Field trips and a variety of exciting activities on and off campus.
- Transfers to college programs upon successful completion of our English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course (credential: Certificate of Completion).
- We also offer part-time studies, as well as customized short- or long-term group programs for groups of 10 or more.
Lethbridge College and Campus
- Just outside our doors, you can see the Rocky Mountains in the distance and you can walk through our park-like campus and coulees.
- Members of Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC), Languages Canada (accredited member), Canadian Bureau of International Education (CBIE).
- Approved Designated Learning Institute (DLI) as indicated on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) website (www.cic.gc.ca), making our college eligible for Study Permit applications.
- Our International Services office and additional on-campus support offices are available to help you to ensure that you have a successful student experience.
- Our college reflects the rich cultural diversity that makes up Canada and would be proud to welcome you as one of our international students on campus.
At Lethbridge College, we aim to offer you a truly Canadian learning experience, one we hope you’ll remember for your lifetime.
Make Lethbridge College your home away from home!